Wednesday, July 9, 2008

kingdom of doom

Oh man! My tummy is hurting me.... not sure if I ate something wonky or if it was all the beer I drank last night combined with only 4 hours of sleep...

I went to the Cameron House last night, I finally saw Run With The Kittens play, they've only been playing every Tuesday night at the Cameron for the last 5 years.... MAN I'm lazy. I did however, very much enjoy it :) Audience Attendance suffered due to the fire across the street however. It was kind of sad (for the band) and kind of amusing how most of the audience cleared out of the building to rubberneck... (It wasn't a big blaze I believe they got it under control in a reasonable amount of time and no one was hurt) . I have no pics of the fire as I opted to stay inside, but there's a few pics here courtesy of ardenstreet on flickr.


I headed over to Gorilla Monsoons for the Tuesday night open jam around 1 or so. I wasn't dead set on playing due to the fact that I'd been drinking & it was all ready getting late, but I was coerced into going on stage. It's a good thing I was, I had a great time playing! I did however rock and roll the shit out of my hand. What the hell do I mean you ask? well I don't always use a pick, I like the sound of my thumb against the stings, I think it has a warmer sound. Apparently the calous that I used to have left me a little while ago and well, I ended up with this;

blood blister

can you see the fire trucks behind my thumb? haha.

blood blister


I'm such a lady!


No comments: