Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sour Pie

Dear Fellow Last Minute Christmas Shoppers;

I don't want to be at the mall, you don't want to be at the mall, please make all of our lives just THAT much easier by NOT stopping right at the top of the escalator. You know the mall is busy, you know that there are several people behind you, where do you think we are going to go when you stop right at the top of the escalator? and why do you look surprised and slightly insulted when i say excuse me?


I was reminded of a slightly amusing story earlier this evening as I was showing off my hot new flannel pajamas to my roommate. When I was younger I used to harass my parents every Christmas eve to let me open a present. They let me open just one present one year, but it had to be a small one, I was so excited, bursting with glee really. All my hard work, so much nagging led up to this one moment of glory! I ripped open the package to find..... batteries... yay!?..... *sigh* The batteries went with something, but I had to wait until the next day to find out what. I don't think I asked to open a present early the next year. At least my parents had a good laugh...

No comments: