Wednesday, December 26, 2007

sweeney

/


We saw Sweeney Todd yesterday. Except for the guy in front of me who through his empty glosette raisin box over his shoulder and hit me, it was a good movie experience ( I was forced to kick his chair a couple times as a form of mild retribution).

I'd never heard of the musical before this movie came out, so I have no idea if the movie was faithful to the original idea. I did however enjoy the movie, it's not amazing but it's fun and pretty to look at. The biggest problem I had with the move was the songs, not that they were there, but that I found them boring. They weren't catchy, and they didn't seem to advance the plot, they just seemed to slow stuff down. But then again I'm not much of a musical person, The only musical I actually like is Evil Dead the Musical....

No comments: