Friday, May 2, 2008

sleepyface

So much to do... so much sleep I'd rather be having....

the show at the Boat on Sunday was awesome :). I of course was a bit weirded out my the lack of microphone & any sound system, it was just us and our acoustics up there. All turned out well though, fret not. Lots of thank yous to Keith from the Hamilton Trading Co. for having us play & for hosting such an awesome weekly show. If you're interested in more amplificationless acoustic fun, Gather Round happens every Sunday night at the boat....


and of course thank you to Dave & Aimee for backing me up! everything just sounds so much more when you're around.


photo by Aimee Rochard



I've been passing my time with a biography on the band Blur called 3862Days, by Stuart Maconie. All in all a pretty decent book, lots of info on the band and the goings on in their lives through out their careers. However, I am a bit disappointed at the lack of info in regards to their actual music, there is very little behind the scenes in regards to the technical aspects of how the songs were made/created. For example, here is a quote from page 234; Another major change was that Street had acquired a new piece of hardware -'muso-ish to talk about but really useful' - that enabled him to sample loops and otherwise cut and paste entire sections of the band jamming.'....... uh huh.... and?? what kind of hardware?? guh, that's all he tells you... Kind of annoying and I just had to share that with someone... figured it might as well be you.

No comments: